Submissions were done using EasyChair.
For the Conference (peer-reviewed):
- Paper (15 mins - a presentation of a single paper by one or more authors - 500 word abstract).
- Lightning talk (10 mins - a short paper for a focused presentation - 250 word abstract).
- Poster (for poster sessions - submit 1-page poster).
- Panel (45 mins - a proposal for a complete panel including separate papers on the same general topic - 250 word overview plus 500 word individual abstracts).
- Roundtable (45 mins - a group presentation of a specific topic emphasizing discussion and audience interaction - 500 word abstract).
- Workshop (Action sessions, focused on hands-on group work on a given project or topic - 500 word abstract).
For the Festival (peer-reviewed):
- Performance (15 mins - readings, actions, interventions - 250 word abstract; provide links to images, videos, etc.)
- Installation (provide description of installation, as well as technical needs)
- Screening (provide link to video)
The works in the exhibits are chosen by an international team of curators. We will not accept submissions for the exhibits.
- Submissions open: August 15th, 2016.
- Submission of Abstracts for Conference and Festival closed at midnight (HAST) on December 22nd, 2016. Review will follow a peer-review process, using EasyChair. The CFP and review process will take into consideration the differences between Paper, Lightning Talk, Poster, Panel, Roundtable, Workshop, Performance, Installation, Screening.
- Acceptances sent out: January 30th, 2017.
- Registration: Early registration will close March 31st, 2017. There will be a registration fee for the Conference, and ELO Membership will be required.
English is the official language of the conference. All submissions should be written in English.
Presenters must attend to be part of the conference or festival program.
Authors can submit as many proposals as they want, but a maximum of two will be accepted for presentation.
Submissions should be done using easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=elo2017
ELO 2017 will provide basic technological needs such as Internet, projectors, power cords, sound systems, and cables. Specific and/or specialized equipment needs should be provided by artists. ELO is not responsible for shipping costs.
Abstracts, papers, lightning talks, posters, and audiovisual documentation of the Festival and Exhibits will be published. A selection of papers will be published in Hyperrhiz: New Media Cultures (ISSN 1555-9351).
For more information, contact Rui Torres, ELO’17 Chair, rtorres [at] ufp.edu.pt